- Designing and facilitating summit events where an independent guide and expert is essential for success
- Project management to ensure that ingenious thinking turns into profitable and sustainable action
- Providing expert analysis, advice and recommendations on topics where an external review is required
- Negotiating the best possible outcome to a complex issue rather than an inadequate compromise
- Importing best practices, models and concepts where business models need to change
- Researching important questions – survey design, implementation, feedback and other soft and hard research methodologies
Examples of our work
- Helped a major pharmaceutical company pre-empt a change in competitor strategy using scenario planning and systems thinking with impact measurable in millions.
- Helped a train company implement a cross organisation computer system against a backdrop of poor adoption of such systems in the past.
- Reviewed project management practice for a company concerned to eliminate poorly constituted projects and maximise the opportunity from projects with the best risk : return profile.
- Enabled a major charity to achieve growth through a strategic review, stakeholder consultation and improved co-operation with the unions.
- Facilitated local Government leaders to make informed decisions about new products and technologies in social care and health.
- Operated as a troubleshooter on an international travel project that was in dire straights, achieving a turnaround in fortunes.
Human Dynamics specialise in helping you address 'wicked problems':
Wicked problems are those where:
- A shared vision is vital if energy, money and time are to be well spent
- Current solutions are not good enough, needing great ideas and conversion of those ideas into viable innovations
- Internal staff are too close to the problem or the topic is surrounded by conflicting views, resulting in stasis.
- The overall direction of travel and / or routes to get there are unclear. At the extreme, this is called the 'swamp'.
Leaders understand that much competitive success lies in resolving 'wicked problems' i.e. ones of inherent uncertainty and complexity
where 'off the shelf' solutions are ill-fitting, inadequate or even dangerous.
How do we begin?
- Step 1: Ambition - Initial consultation to clarify your needs and expectations about how we will work together. Thus you get to sample our work at no risk or cost to yourself.
- Step 2: Proposal - We provide a full proposal which gives you a 'map of the territory' and options for further consideration. This allows you to choose the most elegant solution to your needs.
- Step 3: Decision - You decide the most preferred option for the consultancy to take, giving consideration to how it will best fit your long term business strategy.
- Step 4: Delivery - We implement the agreed consultancy using the most effective and efficient route. This means that you commit only those opportunity resources that are really needed. We maintain communications and support to ensure that you harvest the full benefits of the assignment.
We do not stay on any longer than is necessary for the changes to be
adopted by your people, thus minimising the problem of dependency from
using external agents.